Club closed, no training or games in Level 4 Lockdown
  • 19 August, 2021

As we are sure everyone is aware, all trainings and football activities are cancelled for the next 3 days.

All Taupo District Council venues, which includes Crown Park, are closed until further notice.


From WaiBOP

All competitions and community football and futsal suspended this weekend. Following the government’s move to Alert Level 4 last night after a community case of COVID-19 was discovered, we can confirm that all community football and futsal across the country, as well as the National League, Chatham Cup and NZ Football Foundation Kate Sheppard Cup matches, are suspended this weekend (21/22 August 2021).

While only Auckland and the Coromandel Peninsula are currently set to be at Alert Level 4 for the weekend, with the rest of the country’s initial three-day period set to end on Friday 20 August at 11:59pm, due to the short turnaround time between moving down Alert Levels and the possibility of a lockdown extension, the decision has been taken to suspend all activity out of an abundance of caution.

Daniel Farrow, General Manager, Football at NZ Football said:“We never want to be in the position of suspending activity across New Zealand but to give clubs and players certainty, NZ Football and our federations believe this is the best decision for the game.”“Even if the areas outside of Auckland and the Coromandel do exit Alert Level 4 after three days, it gives clubs very little time to make the necessary preparations for activity the next day. With the Delta strain of the virus we felt it made sense to not rush this process and make the decision now to allow clubs to inform their members in good time”.

At Alert Level 4 all football and futsal activity is suspended across the country. This includes this weekend’s semi-finals of New Zealand Football’s cup competitions – the Chatham Cup and the NZ Football Foundation Kate Sheppard Cup will be rescheduled. WaiBOP Football Federation CEO, Karyn Walters, said:”Once we know more, including when the lockdown levels change, we will be in contact with our stakeholders regarding how senior and junior football will look for the remainder of the season.”

Seniors: Our intention, is to complete all our senior leagues and cups, if at all possible. Currently there is the option to reschedule this weekend’s games to September. Juniors: In some parts of the region we have the opportunity to schedule games for the weekend of September 11/12, which we will look at.

Visit the website for regular updates:

Sponsored Content

Main partners